It was a tiring and busy week for me and Andrew. I had started my job last week and I am so happy and excited about it. At first I have a hesitation to apply for a job. I think I am not capable of anything aside from teaching. I really don’t have the confidence and scared what will happen. But God works in a mysterious way. And I was blessed with work and co workers who are so kind and supportive. I was hired from the same company where Andrew is working. It is the same department where he used to work.
We had two day training before the actual work. And at first I feel that I am inadequate about the work that I will have. First, I don’t have any idea about mortgaging and second during that training all my co trainee knows a lot about mortgaging. I am overwhelmed with all the terms and the regulations. Although I admit that I learned a lot ,then here comes Wednesday my real first day at work. Unfortunately we woke up at around 7 A.M. because of our alarm clock. Andrew called my supervisor and his to explain what happened and told them that we will be late.
When we arrived there they are so understanding and teasing Andrew that it is ok because it was his fault. I found out that Andrew is well loved by all of them ,even his former manager. And I am so grateful for the warm welcome that they gave to me. As if they knew me already for a long time. I will be paid per hour and because I miss working I enjoy working over time that sometimes I forgot that I have a class at 6:30.
It was my first time to work without pressure and so much criticism. It is the first time that I work overtime that I will be compensated. In my former job I work over time everyday including Saturday and never been compensated but it was criticized and told that still wasn’t enough.
It is so wonderful to work in another area it widens my knowledge of certain things. One of the blessings that I have because of my work aside of course the salary is that Andrew and I spend more time together rather than when I stayed home. Although I miss to go shopping with mom and Anne...hehehe…
I would not be able to have a job without the support and help of mom and dad. Mom helped me to get my Social Security Number and my medical exam. Dad has to take the bus to go to work in order for me and mom to use their car. And most of all to my dear husband who is the one who submit my resume and he was the one to whom the HR was calling during the processing of my papers.
1 comment:
I'm really glad that you are enjoying work! I bet the extra income is really nice to have now. I know Tyler and I will miss my paycheck once I quit and work part time. It always works out somehow doesn't it?! I know Anne and Mom will miss shopping with you!
We want your rice muffin (cake?) recipe!
Post a Comment