End of December 2008 I have this wonderful dream. It is wonderful for me because it is a reminder of things that Andrew and I forgot to do, we are so busy building our temporal dreams and forgot which is important and what really matters. One of them is reading the scriptures.
My dream
I was in the Philippines together with my cousins, I am having this examination in school, and I cannot remember what type or subject it is for and even the purpose of the examination. All I know is that it is very important for me to pass. I am almost done and know that I would be able to pass the examination with high score but when I read the last question I was surprised and I don’t know what to do.
The question is “Have I finished reading the scripture, particularly the Book of Mormon? The impression that I have is during that certain time or that year.
It surprises me why on earth that they ask about that. I cannot answer that question because I did not finish reading the scripture. I tried to justify myself and think that I read it a few years ago for how many times. I wanted to answer the question “yes” but I have the feeling that the teacher would be able to know that I lied. I bring the test paper home trying to figure out what to do, because I have this feeling that that examination is so important that I need to pass. While thinking about that at home, I felt that there is a heavy object that is on my legs that I cannot move…. And then I woke up and found out it was Andrew’s legs.
That dream was so vivid that I cannot forget even now, one thing about me is that I am a dreamer and most of my dreams come true. Although sometimes it was not exactly the way it is, sometimes it has meanings and I don’t know when it will happen. I am grateful for this reminder that I have, starting that day even we are so tired and it is already midnight or 1 am Andrew and I agreed to read the scripture no matter what. It was so embarrassing that because we are so busy with work and some other stuff that we forget what matters most. I am so grateful that when I forget something that I am supposed to do there is always a reminder from the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment