First Hiking Activity

Yesterday the hiking activity finally started. We enjoyed it a lot although I am the slowest person in the group. Riley and Connor even beat me. They have all the energy and they seldom stop while I always stop once in a while. The falls is fantastic it was so wonderful exploring the nature. It is one of the thing I really love doing. Dad showed us the miners lettuce and it taste good. While going up to the falls I smell this herb plant. I am telling Andrew about it but I cannot remember the English name of that herb. And he said there is no herb there and said that I might just smell the person who passed by. But when we went back we saw some Korean on that place and I smell the herb and dad ask them what are they collecting and they said the name and they said it’s like a chives. And that the time that I remember the name of the herb that I smell is was the chives I known chives not as a plant that we put in food. I grew up knowing that chives is use in treating cuts and bruises so that it will not be infected and it will stop bleeding.

We passed the big rock and I thought that’s it...and then Andrew said we still have to climb for 15 minutes. There are some snow around…Riley enjoyed collecting rocks.

The falls is really fantastic but the water is so cold. I think that’s the reason I have colds right now and legs are so sore. But it’s worth it. I really wanted to take a bath in that falls but the water is freezing. Way back in the Philippines whenever we went for a hike and we saw water we always took a bath. I felt that the enjoyment at appreciation is not complete without taking part on the nature that God had given for us.Nate and Tyler were always ahead of us they are fast...they never get tired.I wish i have that stamina...

Here are some picture we took



Beautiful Wild plants around the parking area


A beautiful day the trail is sand its hard to walk uphills with this.



See how beautiful the creek is...



Janet,Riley waiting for that while he pick some wild plant


Andrew while tasting the wild edible plant ( miner lettuce)


the wild edible plant (miners lettuce)


Dad,Janet,Riley,Connor,Tyler and Nate while crossing the wood bridge






The big Rock on our way to the falls









it tooks Andrew for a while to take this picture Janet and I are freezing the water is so cold...

We are looking forward to the next hike.I will be much faster than this one..LOL

1 comment:

Seth said...

Love the pictures and I just have to say that you guys look great!!!
Jenn