If they Only Knew

They say that latter day Saints, or popularly known as Mormons, will surely go to hell. For me it is a little bit surprising that people easily judge others without knowing what they believe and stand for. Although it wasn’t a big deal for faithful latter day saints and consider it as a challenge on our faith, still it is surprising that they boldly say that even though they know that there is a latter day saint in their midst.

When I heard this phrase, honestly speaking I am hurt and have this urge to react. Surprisingly I chose to stay quiet and ponder. I love the church so much and considered that the best thing that happened in my life is to become part of it. I began to ponder and remember all the blessings and spiritual experiences that I have. How the hand of the Lord reach out to me in time of despair and trouble. And I said to myself, “If this people only knew.”

If they would only open their heart and mind they would be able to know in their heart that this is the true church. If they only knew the joy and happiness that every member has because what the gospel brings into their lives. The assurance and hope that we felt every time we enter the house of the Lord and during the darkest time of our life. The security the children have in the family because they know their parents are always there to guide and help them to become children of our Heavenly Father.

If only they can find time to ask the Lord about the church and open their heart for sure they will be grateful that we have the church. If only they find time to know about what we believe and accept it in their heart…

No comments: