I love reading and one of my favorite authors is John Grisham. I have read several of his novels and really enjoy it so much. The most exciting part about his work is the suspense that makes me very eager to finish the book. As I read I keep on thinking about what will happen next.
With those novels that I read, the one that touch my heart and it really makes me cry is “The Chamber”. It is the story of a certain mob during the racial discrimination period. He was raised to hate and he killed people. He participated in several bombings and was sentenced to die in a gas chamber
What really touches my heart in the story is when he found out that his long lost grandson will became his attorney. He got to know his grandson and found out that there is still someone who cares about him. The famous lines that I love are the following and he said these a few minutes before his execution:
“I’ve been thinking a lot about this, really flogging myself the couple of days. I look at you and look at Carmen, and I see two bright young people with open minds and hearts. You don’t hate anybody. You’re tolerant and broadminded, well educated, ambitious, going places without the baggage I was born with. I look at you my grandson my flesh and blood and I ask myself. Why didn’t I become someone else?”
Although this story is fiction I got an insight that parents have a great impact on what their children will be in the future. In this story the man was raised to become a mobster to hate people who are not like him.
No comments:
Post a Comment