February Madness

We are trying to think what we have done for the passed weeks. It was a little bit hard to recall. With all the things that we have been doing at work for February I felt that I am exhausted and decided to take a day off on Friday prior to the holiday. I have decided also to registered as an Avon representative, some of my co workers encourage me and I also wanted to have a little bit of income. Last Sunday of February I was invited to give a lesson in Relief Society. They gave me a two weeks preparation which I think it doesn’t really help because it gives me a two weeks of sleepless night. Always thinking how can a person like me teach those people who have been a member throughout their life? Aside from the fact that I cannot speak English just like the way they speak. But I tried my really best to prepare. Andrew acts as my guinea pig for my lesson. And I am really thankful because He helps me a lot. When the lesson started I cannot steady myself, my hands are really shaking that I cannot even cut the scotch tape. It has been almost three years that I did not teach. As I go on with the lesson I felt comfortable and at the end some members said that they enjoyed it so much. That is one of the good thing in the church people will always give you a pat in the shoulder and appreciate what you did. I know I cannot teach alone I am so grateful for the spirit to be there with me during that time.

Andrew has there last day of basketball and he was really enjoying it. As he joined the game every week he became a better player and lost some pounds. It is just hitting two birds with one stone. His school started and we’re hoping that he will finish this year. We tried hard to save some money from our little salary after all the bills that we need to pay. But when we finished our federal tax it turns out that the money we earned is just enough to pay tax. So right now we need to start over again for our saving. We want also to visit some places to get away from our daily routine. Just to enjoy and relax not thinking of anything else.

Last Saturday of February we attended our ward social and it a Hoe Down. Andrew wears his Indiana Jones Hat and I wear my baby fat boots.

Andrew is wearing this hat...

I wore my baby fat boots...It was less than a year before i was able to buy this shoes and it was perfect for the hoe down..hehehe

There is a karaoke and they teach some country dances. I tried to follow the step but I cannot get it because it’s my first time to saw those dances. Andrew joined and learned some of the dance steps. It was fun to be with friends and ward members. It was our first time to attend such activity.

Aside from dancing and singing each table were given a trivia questions and we tried to work together and answer it all. Luckily we won and as a prize they gave us 10 pieces of a big tootsie rolls.

These are the trivia questions.

1. Do identical twins have identical finger prints?
2. What are you shopping for if you’re sized up by a Brannock Device?
A shirt b. shoes c. hats d. gloves
3. What famous document begins with “When in the course of Human events?
4. Which Spielberg classic was about a little boy and his pet alien?
5. A flock of geese not in flight is called __________.
a. a gaggle b. a hord c. a crowd d. a school

6. What was a gladiator armed with in the addition to a dagger and spear?
a. net b. stick c. rope d. food
7. What is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature?
8. Which two cities have the oldest stadiums in major league baseball?
a. Detroit and Chicago b. Detroit and Boston
c. New York and San Francisco d. Phoenix and New York
9. What sticky sweetener was traditionally used as antiseptic ointment for cuts and burns?
10. Who were the parents of King Solomon?
11. Where do “blue birds fly” According to the movie Wizard of Oz?
12. Who was the first hoopster to win 8 NBA scoring titles?
13. What breakfast cereal was Sonny the cuckoo bird “cuckoo for”?
14. What is the top number of a fraction called?
15. In what city’s opera house does “The Phantom of the Opera” prowl?
a. Paris b. Venice c. Rome
16. How long can an ant survive under the water?
a. 2 minutes b. 2 hours c. 2 days d. 2 weeks
17. At what yard line must a football team be to reach the “red zone”?
a. 20 b. 35 c. 50
18. How many eggs will an average hen lay in a year?
a. 92 b. 227 c. 164 d. 851
19. A diamond will not dissolve in acid.
True or False
20. What franchise has played in the most NBA finals since 1947?
a. Lakers b. Celtics c. Spurs
21. What does SPF means on sunscreen protection?
22. The word amen appears exactly how many times in the King James Bible?
a. 80,002 b. 209,870 c. 773,692
23. Black eyed peas are not peas. What are they?
24. What US state is said to have as many cows as people?
a. Idaho b. Wisconsin c. Ohio D. Florida
25. What Mayberry resident once hijacked a bull when he had too much to drink?
a. Ortis Campbell b. Andy Taylor c. Barney Fife d. Aunt Bee
26. What happy homemaker chirps on TV “It’s a good thing?”
27. Which animal is not mentioned in the bible?
a. donkey b. sheep c. cat d. horse
28. What edible come from crimini, oyster, and wood ear in varieties?
29. Who threw a record 6 touchdown passes in one Superbowl in 1995 (San Francisco 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers)?
30. What island in San Francisco Bay was the site of an almost escape prison?
31. What is the “dimension of imagination” according to the host of a classic TV series?
a. Inner Circle b. Twilight Zone c. Minds eye
32. Who was the voice behind Woody, the cowboy doll in Toy Story?
33. What do you call an angle more than 90 degrees and less than 180 degrees?
34. What basketball team was the first in major league sports to be named for an insect?
35. What book did Christians often place on their foreheads to cure insomnia in medieval times?
36. What Olympic event includes such positions as the Flamingo, Crane and Fish Tail?
a. synchronized swimming b. gymnastics c. diving
37. Which company logo is called “swoosh?”
a. Pepsi b. Nike c. Hershey
38. What Beatles single lasted 19 weeks on the charts?
a. I want to hold your hand b. All you need is love
c. Hey Jude
39. How many books in the bible are named after o women?
40. What sport is played with stones and brooms?
41. What does the Italian Musical term adagio means?
a. loud b. slow c. fast d. soft
42. Which movie’s signature line was” I’ll be back”?
43. What planet is closest size to our moon?
a. mars b. Jupiter c. Pluto d. mercury
44. How many seasons did Lou Gehring play every inning of every game?
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 4.0
45. In a medical emergency, what does CPR stand for?
46. What infraction is hockey referee calling if he clasps his wrists?
a. holding b. charging c. foul d. name calling
47. What nut do 2/3 of its US producers sell through “Blue Diamond?”
a. almonds b. peanuts c. cashews d. walnuts
48. What number does “giga” stand for?
49. Polar bear have black skin. True or false
50. How many state border Tennessee?
a. 6 b. 7 c. 8
Bonus
Name those states

No comments: