When I am reading the first few chapters of the book about pregnancy that my sister in law gave me, I encounter a question dealing with unsolicited advice from people. I am thinking I can handle those; I am thinking to just listen and ignore but when you are dealing with all the changes and things that happen during pregnancy and trying to cope within your ability and there are a lot of people telling you what to do and forcing you to do what they did during pregnancy and delivery, it is overwhelming and IRRITATING!! Especially if you have to deal with the same person for several times.
I have learned that being pregnant gives you a short temper; it is easy for me to be irritated and even I try my best not to, sometimes I snap. I feel bad for Andrew because he is the first person who absorbs all the tantrum of me being pregnant. Not getting enough sleep, waking up early to go to work, dealing with people in and out of work, preparing for our baby to arrive, doctor’s appointment, settling our finances, household chores, dealing with unwanted comments, hormone changes and many more it is overwhelming.
Right now I am nearly at the edge of erupting, holding my tongue, trying to be nice for those people who are giving me unsolicited advice. These are the things I wanted to say to all of you people to whom I never seek for any advice. IT IS IRRITATING and will you please stay away from me, I DON’T NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!!!
REASON WHY I DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE
1. Not because you just give birth, have several kids makes you AN EXPERT about Pregnancy and Delivery. I have my Doctor which I consider an expert she knows what should be done. She studied for several years for that and delivers a lot of babies.
2. Do not lecture me about Induce and Epidural especially if you don’t know how to spell it right.
3. My doctor and I already talk about the procedure she will do during delivery. PLEASE do not force me to do the same thing as you did. Not because it works for you doesn’t mean it will work for me.
4. Do not lecture me about Prayer and talking to my baby while he is still in my womb. You don’t know me well and you don’t know anything about my spiritual life.
5. I have studied child development, child psychology I may not be an expert but I know something about it.
6. If I need advice I will seek it. I have family, friends who have experience and I know them well that I trust their judgment and expertise.
7. I will take care of my baby and my family the way I wanted, teach him values that I know it is important and wanted him to learn. Not what you wanted.
I hope I made myself clear…IF you did not get it stay away from me because I cannot promise that next time I would be as nice as the first time. I might erupt and you might experience my wrath.
No comments:
Post a Comment