Our own struggle

Andrew and I are struggling with our life right now, not because we weren’t before. We are but now we struggle more than before. We tried to make our ends meets but it seems it’s not enough. We tried to do all our best in everything, tried to save money for emergency but every time we save something there is always something coming up. One of the worst things that came to us was the problem we had last August. Luckily my cousin was so good enough to help us to work things out.

I feel bad about what happen but it was all done and we just don’t like that we are always be reminded of that mistake. We have learned our lesson and hoping to move on. The only assurance that we have is we have not done anything wrong.

Because of that we need to be more prudent and to stick to our budget. We cannot afford to deviate from it because it would make it more worst and we might not move away from that pit that we are right now.

While pondering on the things that happening to our life I found this quotation:
"When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see
what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate."
- Ann Landers

It gives me courage to that we are not the only one who suffer, who struggle. I remember one of my friends says that whenever she feels alone, she feels overwhelm with problem she stops and think of all the blessing God have given her. She always sings the hymn “Count your Many blessings”. And after that she feels good because she was reminded with all the things that the Lord has given her. That is also I am doing right now, thinking of all the things that was given to us and the knowledge that I had that we weren’t given a challenge that we cannot overcome.

Andrew is enjoying our ward so much; he had some friends out there and enjoys the Elders quorum. The other week they went out for golf tournament. I also enjoy my calling as a nursery worker. Although I was not able to attend church for two weeks because I am always not feeling well during weekend. Andrew said that I have weekend syndrome. All I know is that I was so tired during the week especially when we are short handed at work which we always are. And need to finish all the things that need to be done. There are things that need to be done in a certain time.

I have one kid in the nursery which so smart his parents are indeed so lucky to have him. He is the youngest in my class, the first time that he was put in the nursery his mother stayed there for a few minutes and then went out when he noticed that his mother is gone he cry for a few second then went to play. After the snack at three we seat down on the floor and sing and have a little bit of a lesson. Whenever you as something he is listen attentively. The following Sunday we do our usual activity play, eat their snack, after he ate his snack he went down from the chair and sit on the floor where we usually do our singing and lesson. He was so teachable and a happy kid.

Last week I finally met my visiting teacher, I am so excited to have one. We have been there for more than three months, we have been visited with our home teacher which we are grateful. Andrew was given a home teacher assignment and I was given visiting teaching assignment. But I never expected to have a visiting teacher because nobody called for three months, despite that I still do my visiting teaching assignment. Luckily after that I received a called and said the she was my visiting teacher. I am so excited more excited and happy when I met her. I found out that there is a vegetable garden at our church that was given to members who doesn’t have an area to plant vegetable. I am so excited to hear that and wish that spring will come so fast so that I can also have my vegetable garden. This is something that I really missed. Aside from the fact that we would be able to save money with that vegetable garden we will have.

2 comments:

Anne said...

What happened last August? Are you guys okay? You are never alone and we are always here to help you in any way we can. We love you guys!!!

Seth said...

You are definitely not alone on the balancing the budget and making ends meet!! We have been doing that for 6 years now and still have 4 more to go! It isn't easy and it's stressful but I have also noticed that God always seems to take care of us and somehow we are able to pull through even when I don't know how it will be possible.
You guys are loved though! Good luck with the garden, we need to get one planted too.
Jenn