MIssing You All So Much

I woke up early because we are informed that the sewer will be reinstituted. This is the third time that we received a letter and I hope that it would be finished all today. So I took a bath at 5:30 although I will just stay home. I had finished washing the dishes and I had my laundry yesterday. As my usual day I check my email looking for some message from my friends and relatives in the Philippines. And I received one and a friend request from someone.

It is during this time of the day when I am alone and finished doing all the household chores that I am thinking of those people who touch my life. And I felt that I miss you all so much. Just thinking of the happiness and the joy that we shared together I had the feeling that I wanted to go back, I wanted to pack my things and immediately go home. Thinking that it is just that easy, and deep within me I’m wishing that it would be. But in reality it is not and I have to accept it. I tried not to think too much about it because the longing grows so much.

I miss my family, although at time or most of the time we did not agree with something. Even though we have different priorities in life. And sometimes we just see each other at night. Still I felt that they are near me. I miss all my friends, the time that we spent together even sometimes we just talk of anything around and things that are none sense but the company is there the sincerity and love for each other. That no matter what flaws we have in ourselves still we know that we can still be friends. I still remember all the senseless argument that we have a heated discussion of something that is not important. Like for example the time we argue if eggplant is vegetable or fruit. Isn’t it nice thinking that entire thing that we had? The time we take our nap in the THE room wherein sometimes we keep somebody’s shoes while sleeping. Or putting some candles beside someone who is sleeping? The time when we are computing grades, when we quarrel who will use the printer first, when we get mad with each other because we did not meet the deadline in passing grades and test questions. The time we spend with each other in supporting with our own Club Celebration. And most of all the time that we were there when somebody was given the greatest homily of all time. And we took it lightly although we are humiliated even to the things that it wasn’t our fault.

I also miss my friends in the church and my activities. I miss the kids in the primary although they are noisy and sometimes unruly but I felt the faith that they have, on how they believe of something without further question and hesitation. I remember one Sunday one primary approach me and ask me with an innocent question about who is Moroni. I was surprised and don’t know how to explained to him. But when I told him that he was a prophet he accepted it and took the book of Mormon and shown it to me. I also remember how they answer me impatiently when I ask the same question twice; they are just like grown up to explain to me about it. I am happy to see them recite during the sacrament presentation and the happiness that they have when we had our activity and they were playing games. How they love watching church videos and how they share this to their parents.
I also miss the time that we stayed at church for the whole Sunday, attending so many meetings. How wonderful it is to participate in helping others to understand the gospel. The joy I felt when they accepted it and see how they grow spiritually. How they sacrifice things in order to live the gospel.

And last I miss the weather, the culture and anything about Philippines. Although it is not progressive and beautiful as this country. Still I love the place where I was born. The place where I learned to become independent and become who I am right now. Maybe because it’s where I came from and even if I’ll change my outer appearance still I am a Filipino and no one can deny that.

I miss all of these but more than that I miss you all so much!!!

1 comment:

Jayziel said...

we miss you too ate!!!
ingat po jan..