I have been away from my parents for almost four months. It seems time flown so fast but still I had not totally adjusted in the environment and with people around here. I had not yet know some of their culture and some of the things that people do and celebrate. I read and heard about “Days of 47’ I don’t know anything about this although I will be a member for 10 years on August 17. I think I had a lot more to know about the church and the celebrations.
Yesterday we had the chance to have the royalties of the Days of 47 to be our speakers in our ward. At first I thought it was a beauty Contest but when I read the Flyers, I found out that it wasn’t. It is has something to do with being a descendant of a pioneer and how they give service to others, How they become an example and help others. And the most interesting part is that how they value their heritage. After I heard all the wonderful messages a thought comes into my mind how lucky they are because they and their family have been in the church for so long. How great would be their legacy. What would be the feeling of a descendant of those pioneers?
And I think of myself, I am the first member in my family, both in my father and mother side. Although I have been borne to know about scripture and about Heavenly and Jesus Christ and about how they love us. Still I don’t have the wonderful heritage about the church. The only thing that I can share to my posterity is the way I live and stay in the church. The activities that I had from the day I joined up to now and the future. Luckily my husband has a wonderful heritage both his parents are members and down to their ancestors. Yesterday we borrowed his grandparent’s journal and I am so excited to read it. It was my first time to read a journal although I know how important it is and having doing it myself, still it is nice and wonderful to read somebody else especially during those early years.
I love reading about the lives of other people because I believe that I can learn something from them. No matter how tragic ones life is, it is still a great lesson that only life can give. Life has its own ups and downs the most important thing is that the way you look and deal with it. I always believe that everybody is born with good heart and everything around can help us learn and grow.
Looking back from the time that I decided to join the church I can’t believe that I had surpasses all the struggles that I had been through. I can’t believe that I had overcome those things and I am on this spiritual stage right now. Although I know some of the things that I have now I learned it in a hard way still I considered myself lucky and blessed. Even if I will be compared with my friends from elementary to college I was considered the least because I don’t have the career that they have. I don’t have the money and assets that they have. I still remember one graduation ceremony in school where I was working I have the chance to meet and talk to my former adviser in elementary. We talk about career and she wanted me to apply for a teaching job in the government so that I will become financially secured throughout my life. But the problem is I am happy teaching in a private school although it is hard. Despite of the hectic schedule and the minimum salary that I have, still we find time to go out with my friends and I can never exchange the closeness that we have with each other.
When I joined the church and quit my first job my friends and some relatives told me that I have been traveling in a wrong direction. My friends had surpasses me in terms of income and in terms of carreer. They said that I am just wasting my time in something that won’t benefit me at all. But I know they were wrong, because they only focus on the temporal things. They believe that a high income would be all that someone needs in order to be happy and successful. They thought that it is the way life should be. You work earned money has a big house and all the luxury in the world. The forget something which I considered it most important and the purpose why we are here. They forgot that the most important thing in life is the happiness and joy that you have in our heart. It took them several years in order to understand and accepted what I wanted to do in my life. It took me several years to help them understand that these things that I do makes me happy. That although I only have enough means in order to survive still I am happy and this is the kind of life I wanted to be.
I never get any support in all the things that I do especially if it's about the church, but I am a hard headed person they can never change my decision in something deep in my heart it is true and it is something that I am dreaming of. During those hard time in my life, during those time that I am struggling to fight for things which I know was true: I am blessed to have people who supported me and help me. I am grateful for their time to guide me and help me to become strong. I am grateful because they believed that I know I can face and overcome those obstacles.
When I am about to get married some people said that, that is the reason why I joined the church. Of course people will think of something like that. But I learned a lesson from a close friend of mine which is” you can never please everybody, there will always be someone who is not satisfied and doesn’t like you”. I had proven that based from experiences that I had and I know it was true. So whatever they say against me, I don’t care they never knew me that much. They never knew what is in my heart and mind. All my friends are happy about the next journey that I am going through, they know everything about me: all my flaws, my ideals and aspiration. And it is wonderful to know that they are always been there during my ups and down. They cry when I am bothered and hurt. They were happy when I am happy. I think that’s the way true friends are. And I considered them as one of my great blessings in life. Going through with these circumstances I had learned that “those people who say something against you are those people who don’t knew you at all”
They said that I am lucky because I was here. They forget one universal truth that no matter where you are you’re will be happy and successful it depends on what you believed and what you do. During those times that I’m learning and acquiring testimony about what I believe, during those time that I’m struggling I always prayed that I would have someone with the same outlook ideals, and aspirations in life and I am blessed that to have him right now. This gives me another lesson in life. There is nothing impossible as long as you believe and do our part and ask for help from above. He is the only one that can help us makes our dream come true.
I know my spirituality is still nothing comparing to anybody else. And I know I still have a lot of things to learned and do inorder to be worthy of eternal gifts that everybody is longing and dreaming for. But I am proud to all the experiences that I had, no matter how small I am spiritually still I can say it is my own and no one can never take away from me all the experiences and truth that I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment